Carmel Medical Malpractice Attorneys
When we seek medical treatment, schedule a surgery, or go to the hospital for a health emergency, we expect medical professionals to prioritize our health and safety and to treat us correctly and reasonably. We trust doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel with our lives and to improve our health, not to make it worse. Unfortunately, a stark reality is that medical professionals are human and sometimes make negligent human errors in healthcare that cause serious injury and harm to patients. Medical malpractice can result in serious injuries and deaths. In such cases, those who act negligently must be held accountable for their negligence. The Cline Law Firm provides professional legal counsel to those who have been injured by the negligence of healthcare providers. Our Carmel medical malpractice attorneys have decades of experience in medical malpractice cases and have successfully resolved hundreds of such cases. We prioritize our clients’ interests and fight for your rights to financial compensation.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is a form of negligence that occurs when a medical professional fails to perform his or her duties in a reasonable or safe manner and, as a result, causes injury or illness to a patient.
To prove that medical malpractice has occurred, you must be able to show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed between the patient and the negligent health care provider.
- The medical professional was negligent. A medical professional is not responsible for injuries and damages to a patient because a patient is unhappy with the results of their treatment. A victim of medical malpractice must prove that a physician failed to comply with reasonable standards of medical care and caused injury to the patient as a direct result of the negligent treatment.
- The injuries have caused specific damages: A patient will not be successful in a lawsuit unless the patient can prove that he or she sustained injuries and damages as a result of negligent health care.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
There are many different types of medical malpractice. Our team has successfully handled a variety of different medical malpractice claims for injured patients.
Three primary types of medical malpractice claims include:
- Failure to diagnose: Many patients sustain injury as a result of a doctor failing to correctly and timely diagnose their illness and treat it. If a competent physician could have diagnosed the health issue in a timely manner leading to a better outcome for the patient, then a physician who fails to diagnose the condition in a timely manner may be liable to the patient for the injuries caused by the delayed diagnosis. An example of failure to diagnose is if an individual is not timely diagnosed with cancer and the cancer becomes worse and a patient's chance of surviving the cancer is reduced as a result of the delay in diagnosis.
- Improper treatment: Improper treatment occurs when a patient is treated in a way that no reasonable physician would have treated the condition.
- Failure to inform patients: All medical professionals have a duty to inform their patients about the risks of treatments and procedures before they are performed upon the patient. In some cases, knowing the risks can change the mind of the patient about what treatment to undergo. If a physician is found to have breached this duty by not properly informing a patient of the risks of a treatment and injury occurs as a result of the treatment, then the physician may be liable to the patient for the resulting injury.
The Importance of Seeking Help
While personal injury claims are generally complicated to navigate, medical malpractice claims are the most complicated and difficult to handle. Medical malpractice claims require the testimony of a physician to prove that a health care provider acted negligently and caused injury to a patient. This requires an attorney to have substantial medical knowledge and financial resources. Injured individuals need a law firm to guide them through their medical malpractice claims.
Our team has decades of experience and the passion needed to fight for your rights to compensation in medical malpractice claims. We have handled cases involving birth injuries and brachial plexus injuries with success. We are known among our peers and throughout the state for our devotion to our clients and can be relied on in your time of need. Our attorney, Lance Cline, is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, which is comprised of some of the most successful plaintiff lawyers in the United States.
Do not hesitate to call our Carmel medical malpractice lawyers at (317) 526-4467 to review your case. Our team works on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay a fee unless and until you win. You focus on healing – we handle the rest.
Triumphant in Complex Injury Cases
A Record of Client Satisfaction
A Legacy of Success in the Court Room
Membership in the prestigious Inner Circle of Advocates
40+ Years of Collective Experience