Carmel Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Helping Clients Recover from Serious Injuries
Persons who sustain severe injuries and impairments as a result of the negligence of others need a plan of action for putting their lives back together. Serious injuries can quickly result in severe financial debt through medical expenses, lost wages, and more due to weeks or months of required treatment, rest, and recovery. If injuries are permanent and debilitating, victims need help to determine what they can recover and from whom.
Lawyers are not equal in their knowledge, trial skill, experience, and work ethic. Who you hire to represent you can and will make a difference in your outcome. When you call our firm, our Carmel catastrophic injury attorneys can listen to your story and guide you on the path to successful recovery. We know what information and evidence you need to strengthen your personal injury claim and to hold negligent parties responsible for the damage you have sustained.
What Are Catastrophic Injuries?
While individuals can recover from minor injuries in a matter of days or weeks and likely return to a normal way of life, individuals who sustain catastrophic injuries face a long and difficult road to recovery. Catastrophic injuries can permanently impair the physical, cognitive, and behavioral function of the victim. Such individuals often require long-term medical care, physical therapy, and support to recover.
Common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Fatal injuries: Death caused by negligence or other wrongful conduct
- Brain injuries: Head trauma, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), brain damage, brain concussions, and brain contusions
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Severed or damaged spinal cord, paralysis injuries, quadriplegia, paraplegia
- Burn injuries: Chemical burns, fire injuries requiring hospitalization, skin grafts, plastic surgery, and infections
Common actions that can cause catastrophic injury to innocent victims include the following:
- Medical malpractice: Human errors by professional healthcare providers are a leading cause of injury and death to American citizens.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents often cause catastrophic injuries to the person involved due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved. Tractor-trailers can weigh more than 30,000 pounds and can cause severe injury and damage to the persons involved.
- Car accidents: Cars that are speeding at the time of collision can and do cause serious injuries. Head-on collisions are the most dangerous kind of car accident and often result in catastrophic head and brain injuries. Ruptured gasoline tanks can cause fires that result in serious burn injuries.
- Product liability: Defective medical and consumer products can cause organ injury or failure, back injury, burns, broken bones, amputations, and more. Manufacturers or sellers of products can be held liable for damages if there is a dangerous defect in a product or if they fail to warn consumers about the risks of using their products.
Your Best Chance at Recovery
Catastrophic injuries can result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs and destroy the work and earning capacity of individuals. Such injuries can be overwhelming. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in representing the victims of catastrophic injury and can help you collect the compensation you need and deserve to restore your life to as close to normal as possible.
We can help you recover the following damages:
- Damages for the nature, extent, and permanency of physical, cognitive, and emotional injuries
- Damages for scarring and disfigurement
- Damages for physical pain and emotional distress
- Lost past and future income
- Medical bills, such as the costs of surgeries, hospital stays, medications, equipment, and physical therapy
Our law firm has the resources and experience required to handle complex, large-scale litigation against negligent healthcare providers, corporations, motor vehicle drivers, businesses, insurance companies, property owners, and more. We handle complex cases involving catastrophic injuries and damages with success for our clients. With many millions of dollars in damages recovered for our clients, we have been recognized by our peers in Indiana and nationally for our dedicated and disciplined hard work.
Triumphant in Complex Injury Cases
A Record of Client Satisfaction
A Legacy of Success in the Court Room
Membership in the prestigious Inner Circle of Advocates
40+ Years of Collective Experience